If you are one of the lucky parents blessed to take your family do Disney World in the future…below are some quick thoughts on what we learned regarding going with young kids.
– Prepare yourself to walk more than you can imagine carrying your kids alot of the time! Buy GOOD tennis shoes…I bought cheap ones and paid for it!
– Go in January or April. We’ve been both times and it’s a totally different experience when there are NO LINES to speak of! Time is valuable and spending them in long hot lines is not fun…
– Use strollers with small kids! You will NOT regret the $20 a day you might spend!
– Buy PARK HOPPER tickets! This is a must!
– Get the parades you wanna see done the first few days and then ride rides during the parade times…
– Animal Kingdom is basically a zoo so spend your time at the others and maybe half day at AK. Bugs Life show is fun and try to have some adult fun on the amazing roller coaster “Expidition”. It’s fun!
– Plan to spend more time at Epcot than you think. Tons the kids will like but you can skip the countries…
– Disney parades, light show and fireworks at Magic Kingdom are a MUST! DO NOT MISS this!
– Find a way to ride Mt. Everest Expedition at Animal Kinkdom without the kids! Amazing roller coaster – same with Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios.
– Use Fast Passes for the long line rides for sure.
– Buy giftcards before you leave – it will help you budget right. (Disney, Visa, etc)
– Do a character meal for sure! We did Chef Mickey one morning at Contemporary Resort and kids freaked. You have to call ahead of time and get reservation!
– Eat breakfast and dinners OFF SITE.
– IceCream shop right in front of the Castle is A MUST!